The DRK-Schwesternschaft "Bonn" e.V. as support organisation prepares you in a multi-day departure seminar for your time as a volunteer in the UK. Read more here.
British Red Cross On-Arrival Seminar
- On arrival in UK (September)
- Meet the other volunteers
- Team building BRC
- Foundation Training
- Find out more about your projects and what to expect from your year British Red Cross
- Middle of the year (usually April)
- Further skills training and share experiences so far with other volunteers
British Red Cross Final Seminar
- End of your year (August)
- Reflect on your year as a volunteer
- Celebrate your achievements and look towards your future steps
Alongside your BRC training seminars you will also attend seminars run for all EVS volunteers based in the UK run by the British national agency
You have many sources of support as a British Red Cross volunteer so you are never alone!
Support organisation - DRK-Schwesternschaft "Bonn" e.V.
The volunteer coordinator in your own country is a support contact .
Host project supervisor
This person acts as your line manager and can help you with day to day project specific needs.
Your mentor is a more informal support person who also works at your host project.
British Red Cross Coordinator
Your programme coordinator is based in London and contactable by email and phone whenever needed (within reason!).